Drawing & Documentation
Architectural drawing & communication
In the course Drawing and Documentation, you’ll be instructed on all aspects of architectural drawing communication in response to a brief. Including orthographic and perspective techniques, design concepts and ideas are presented in a range of drawing packages to a professional standard.
In this course, you’ll produce a number of technical drawings to demonstrate a command of selected techniques and adhere to technical drawing standards and conventions. Apply your knowledge of technique drawing practice, history and theory.
What you’ll learn
- To plan drawing work
- To experiment to represent ideas
- To prepare for technical drawing work using appropriate equipment.
- To create technical drawings including plans, elevations and sections to scale
- To prepare specification sheets and complete a documentation package.
Who is this course for?
This course is for students who would like to learn the basics of drafting and is a prerequisite for the short course in Autocad.
Want to train your team? If you have employees you want to enrol in this course get in contact with us to discuss your options.
- Topic 1: Introduction to Drawing
- Topic 2: Technical Conventions + Terminology
- Topic 3: Hand Drafting Techniques for Interior Designers
- Topic 4: Specification Writing for Interior Designers
- Topic 5: Scheduling + Documentation Coordination
- Topic 6: Developing a Documentation Package
- Topic 7: Orthographic + Axonometric Drawings
- Topic 8: Perspective Drawing
During your course, you will be guided by an experienced online education professional who will be available to assist you with all aspects of your study.
Cherie Karlsson – Specialist in colour design. Cherie brings 10+ years education expertise and is a certified educator in her field. She has run multiple design-related businesses including her own Colour, Design & Interiors business.
Online education experience
These courses are designed to let you build your study around your busy life. We have developed an engaging educational experience which can be accessed from any device at any time.
- Study anytime on any device with Canvas (our cloud-based Learning platform)
- 24 hour response time to your queries 5 days per week
- Study groups
- Interactive webinars
- Rich interactive content experience
- Free access to the full Lynda video library