Explore your creativity & the principles of design
This course bundle is designed to explore your creativity, beginning with a grounding in the elements and principles of design which will lead you into designing in a 3D environment. This is an ideal course bundle to help you understand your creative capacity as it relates to a career in Interior Design.
This bundle includes:
- Course 1 – Design Processes
- Course 2 – Design Methods
Who is this course bundle for?
- Individuals who would like to learn the foundation skills required for further study in the field of Interior Design & Decoration
- Individuals wishing to understand the process behind 2D design
- Individuals wanting to understand design methods in 3D
Want to train your team? If you have employees you want to enrol in this course bundle get in contact with us to discuss your options.
The course Design Processes will introduce you to the foundations of interior design and decoration process and development. You will produce a range of samples and concept realisations which show the creative application of processes to 2- dimensional forms, having gained knowledge of the design process as it applies to 2D work. You’ll learn to generate concepts and ideas that provide innovative solutions to identified issues.
What you’ll learn
- To source information on 2-dimensional design
- To explore the creative design process for 2D forms
- To communicate concepts or ideas through applying design processes to 2D forms
- To develop a range of creative approaches and refine concepts
- To develop concepts to an operational level
- Topic 1: Creative Thinking
- Topic 2: Elements + Principles in 2D design
- Topic 3: Design Language + Communication
- Topic 4: Design Conceptualisation
- Topic 5: Understanding a Design Brief
- Topic 6: Brief Parameters
- Topic 7: Concept Proposal
The course Design Methods combines the research, identification, exploration and communication of conceptual ideas of products and spaces, through the adaptation of design elements and principles in form and space you will satisfy specific needs for a design brief. In this course, you’ll produce a range of samples or concept realisations which show the creative application of processes to three-dimensional forms, and demonstrate knowledge of the design process as it applies to 3D work.
What you’ll learn
- To source information on three-dimensional design
- To explore the creative design process for 3D forms
- To communicate concepts or ideas through applying design processes to 3D forms
- To establish design requirements
- To develop and refine a design brief
During your course, you will be guided by an experienced online education professional who will be available to assist you with all aspects of your study.
Cherie Karlsson – Specialist in colour design. Cherie brings 10+ years education expertise and is a certified educator in her field. She has run multiple design-related businesses including her own Colour, Design & Interiors business.
Online education experience
Online study has obvious benefits. You get to learn at your own pace. You can build your study plans around your busy life. But we’ve also discovered that learning online is a unique experience for every individual. That’s why we’ve created an educational experience that focuses on your needs and desires and that’s engaging, fun and cutting edge.
- Study anytime on any device with Canvas (our cloud-based Learning platform)
- 24 hour response time to your queries 5 days per week
- Study groups
- Interactive webinars
- Rich interactive content experience
- Free access to the full Lynda video library