Computer-aided design & drafting program skills
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to use the commercial software application AutoCAD. It focuses on the technical skills required to operate a range of computer-aided drawing and drafting (CADD) program functions to produce drawings to a professional standard.
What you will learn
- To prepare for computer-aided drawing work
- To gather object parameters and/or measurements
- To prepare plots or drawings
- To finalise and complete simple drawings
Who is this course for?
This course is for students looking for an introductory course in the program AutoCAD.
Want to train your team? If you have employees you want to enrol in this course get in contact with us to discuss your options.
- Topic 1: Intro to AutoCAD
- Topic 2: Drawing Simple Objects
- Topic 3: Modifying Objects
- Topic 4: Learning Layers
- Topic 5: Model + Paper Space
- Topic 6: Text + Dimensioning
- Topic 7: Blocks + Annotation Symbols
- Topic 8: Layout + Page Setup
During your course, you will be guided by an experienced online education professional who will be available to assist you with all aspects of your study.
Cherie Karlsson – Specialist in colour design. Cherie brings 10+ years education expertise and is a certified educator in her field. She has run multiple design-related businesses including her own Colour, Design & Interiors business.
Online education experience
These courses are designed to let you build your study around your busy life. We have developed an engaging educational experience which can be accessed from any device at any time.
- Study anytime on any device with Canvas (our cloud-based Learning platform)
- 24 hour response time to your queries 5 days per week
- Study groups
- Interactive webinars
- Rich interactive content experience
- Free access to the full Lynda video library