Creative application of processes to three-dimensional forms
The course Design Methods combines the research, identification, exploration and communication of conceptual ideas of products and spaces through the adaptation of design elements and principles in form and space to satisfy specific needs for a design brief. In this course, you’ll produce a range of samples or concept realisations which show the creative application of processes to three-dimensional forms, and demonstrate knowledge of the design process as it applies to 3D work.
What you’ll learn
- To source information on three-dimensional design
- To explore the creative design process for 3D forms
- To communicate concepts or ideas through applying design processes to 3D forms
- To establish design requirements
- To develop and refine a design brief
Who is this course for?
Individuals who would like to learn the foundation skills required for further study in the field of Interior Design & Decoration.
Want to train your team? If you have employees you want to enrol in this course get in contact with us to discuss your options.
- Topic 1: Elements + Principles of Design in 3D space
- Topic 2: Design + Composition
- Topic 3: Positive + Negative Space
- Topic 4: People + Space
- Topic 5: Proportions of Space
- Topic 6: Concepts into Space
- Topic 7: Collaboration + Communication
During your course, you will be guided by an experienced online education professional who will be available to assist you with all aspects of your study.
Cherie Karlsson – Specialist in colour design. Cherie brings 10+ years education expertise and is a certified educator in her field. She has run multiple design-related businesses including her own Colour, Design & Interiors business.
Online education experience
These courses are designed to let you build your study around your busy life. We have developed an engaging educational experience which can be accessed from any device at any time.
- Study anytime on any device with Canvas (our cloud-based Learning platform)
- 24 hour response time to your queries 5 days per week
- Study groups
- Interactive webinars
- Rich interactive content experience
- Free access to the full Lynda video library